Human Trafficking Statement
Orangebox is commited to ensuring that we adopt a zero tolerance approach towards any modern slavery offences anywhere within our own business activities or supply chain.
We undertake all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that all employment activities are conducted in line with relevant legislation and avoid any exploitation of employees. Our policy is to prohibit the use of forced, bonded or indentured labour, involuntary prison labour, slavery or trafficking of people.
Orangebox work closely with external recruitment agency suppliers and ensure they operate in line with our policy and current employment legislation.
We aim to provide those members of staff involved in the recruitment of employees or hire of workers, with appropriate training.
An area of risk to our business of slavery and human trafficking taking place is where temporary agency workers are provided to the business by our external staffing suppliers.
In relation to the recruitment of employees, we:-
- Conduct appropriate proof of eligibility to work checks in line with legislation on all new employees to the business
- Provide all new employees with clear, legally compliant employment contracts
- Ensure all payroll processes and deductions from wages adhere to legislation
- Ensure all employees are paid fairly and adhere to NMW legislation
- Ensure policies are kept up to date to support fairness and equality and that there are clear routes to report any grievances or issues relating to poor treatment of employees or agency workers. These are detailed further in our Equal Opportunities Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy and Grievance Procedure.
- Ensure that external staffing suppliers adhere to equivalent policies and procedures
In relation to the hire of agency workers we
- Build and maintain close working relationships with our external staffing suppliers to ensure our policies and procedures are communicated correctly
- Will be conducting audits (quarterly) of processes undertaken by all recruitment agency suppliers of temporary workers to ensure the following:
o There is no evidence of forced labour, slavery or human trafficking in their processes
o The appropriate checks for proof of eligibility to work are conducted
o No Identity documents are withheld
o Workers are not charged any illegal recruitment fees
o Workers are provided with clear, legally compliant contracts (where applicable)
o No Illegal deductions from wages are made
o Workers are paid correctly and in line with the NMW legislation
We apply this commitment to all our employees, across all locations globally and adhere with local employment legislation.